February 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #5: Top Ten Authors That I'd Put On My Auto-Buy List

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Here are the top ten authors that if money wasn't a problem I would automatically buy because I love these authors so much I wouldn't care what type of books they published. I do normally auto-read these authors by getting the books from the library, if only I could really afford to buy them all!


1. Deborah Harkness - I fell in love with A Discovery of Witches.
2. Rick Riordan - I already own The Percy Jackson series, the Kane Chronicles, and the Heroes of Olympus, and therefore I'm pretty sure if money wasn't a problem I would always keep on buying his books. Let's be honest, I probably will keep buying them no matter what anyway.
3. J.K. Rowling - I already technically have this author on my auto buy list. Who else bought The Casual Vacancy just because she was the one who wrote it?
4. Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games. I believe that is all I need to say.
5. Michelle Hodkin - I fell in love with the Mara Dyer series and I'm really hoping for a lot more by this author. 
6. Veronica Roth - Give me more!
7. Nicholas Sparks - I know many think his books are repetitive, and they may be, but ever since I was younger and read my first Nicholas Sparks book I always seem to read every new one that comes out.
8. Cate Tiernan - I was a fan back in 2001 when I got my hands on her Sweep series and I have enjoyed her books ever since.
9. Meg Cabot - Princess Diaries grabbed my heart and I've enjoyed several of her other series. I wish I could own them all.
10. James Patterson - His books can be hit or miss but I still gravitate towards them.

I think sometimes I stick too much to the authors I feel comfortable with. I really should branch out more, but I love what I love.

What authors do/would you have on your auto-buy list? 

22 comments:

  1. Suzanne Collins and Rowling are definites for me! I've only seen the (unfortunate) crappy movie version of Riordan's Percy Jackson series, but I feel like I need to the give the books a try because there's sooooo much potential!

    I'd have to add David Levithan, Maggie Stiefvater, Libba Bray and Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child to my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie Stiefvater would be a good one. I loved The Scorpio Races!

      I promise you that the books are way better than the not so great Percy Jackson movie.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great list, I love Rick Riordan as well and he also makes my list as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. An auto-read is just as good as an auto-buy! And I totally bought A Casual Vacancy because of who wrote it, and thankfully I wasn't disappointed. I might be adding Deborah Harkness to my list one day, as soon as I get around to finally reading her books! I have a feeling she's going to live up to my expectations though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day you will read Deborah Harkness and make me very happy. lol :)

      Delete
  4. I can't believe Forgot JK Rowling and I adore Veronica Roth! Fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle Hodkin and J.K. Rowling! I love their books. I've only read Mary, Mary by James Patterson but I liked it. And I haven't read Deborah Harkness, but everyone seems to be enjoying her book. Maybe I'll pick it up someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sail is a really good James Patterson book! I would read that one when you get the chance.

      Delete
  6. Oh my God, Mara Dyer yes! I recently read The Unbecoming and I'm dying to read The Evolution. Rowling, Collins, Sparks and Cabot are all awesome =D

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday post!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  7. It kills me that Michelle Hodkin just missed my list, but Veronica Roth sure was there.

    New follower!

    My T&TTT Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (1)
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I will be sure to drop by your blog asap.

      Delete
  8. I'm ready for something new from Suzanne Collins. I'd totally auto-buy whatever comes next from her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I feel like it is about time she gives us a new book to read.

      Delete
  9. J.K. Rowling and Suzanne Collins are great choices. I still have to read The Casual Vacancy but I'm excited to see what they each come up with next! And ohh yes, more from Veronica Roth, please! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic list! I agree on several of them! James Patterson used to be an auto-buy until he started writing so many books that I lost track of which I'd read and didn't read. I want to catch up eventually!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Bree :)
    Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Meg Cabot and Suzanne Collins! I'll be checking out the author others :) Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read Sweep! Or Wicca as it was called here. Absolutely loved those books. I'd love to see what Suzanne Collins will write next. I hope she will. While I was a bit disappointed with Mockingjay I'd still read more of her work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monkingjay was my least favorite but the others were just sooo good. Have your read the Immortal Beloved series by Cate Tiernan? They are really good.

      Delete
  13. See, I ALMOST put Suzanne Collins. But I just can't, man, Mockingjay BROKE me and I'm still in little pieces over it....and it's been close to two years since I read it. I LOVED THG and CF but Mockingjay, jeeeeez. I'm really looking forward to seeing if she writes anything else! I think I'll always hold out hope for a THG novella in between the end of MJ and the epilogue, if only for MORE GALE. :D

    This is a great list! I really should have added JKR!

    Thanks so so much for taking the time to stop by my blog!

    Molli | Once Upon a Prologue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also TEAM GALE! :) Yes. Mockingjay was a pretty big disappointment for me as well, but I loved the first two books.

      Delete
  14. Wow..I love all of these authors, and wouldn't hesitate to by any of their books, of course I could name 50 other authors I feel the same way about..but I am an addict! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top