March 15, 2013

Book Recommendation Friday #3: If you liked If I Stay by: Gayle Forman...

Book Recommendation Friday is back! 

I will try to come up with different and unique reading suggestions old and new for each post. I only recommend books that I have already read unless noted.

The books I suggest aren't always necessarily the same genre/plot so much as they have the same feel... and are great reads of course.  

Click on the book title to find out more about each one. Enjoy these reading suggestions!


If you liked If I Stay by: Gayle Forman then you should read...
  1. Every Day by: David Levithan
  2. Thirteen Reasons Why by: Jay Asher
  3. Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes by: Maureen Johnson
  4. The Lovely Bones by: Alice Sebold
  5. The Pact by: Jodi Picoult
  6. Before I Fall by: Lauren Oliver (I know I mentioned this book in a previous reading recommendation post, but it is just that good and fits here nicely.)

For other recommendations check out my If you liked...then read... page!

Do you have any books to add to this list or do you have any requests on what book I should feature next? Share below!

10 comments:

  1. I couldn't say if any books remind me of If I Stay. Maybe try a Melina Marchetta book. Piper's Son? It's not the same but I don't know. I think that author makes sense to read after If I Stay. I've read Thirteen Reasons Why and Lovely Bones out of this list. I'm interested in Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes. Thanks for the recommendations and for following me! I followed you back (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This one was harder to come up with some reading suggestions because If I Stay is so unique. 13 Little Blue envelopes isn't as dark but it is cute and has that emotional element to it.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read anything by Ms. Forman but YAY for David Levithan! Every Day for the win! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I Stay is the only one I have read by Forman so far. It was really good. You should check it out. :) I still need to read more of David Levithan!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these books, but some are on my list! I do need to get to them XD

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the Book Crazed Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I always have an endless list of books I need to get too and somehow I never make a dent. ;)

      Delete
  4. I just won a copy of If I Stay, so I'll have to come back to this list after I read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Enjoy the book! I can't wait to see what you think. P.S. I've missed you! :) I'm still waiting patiently for those bookshelf pictures. (I know moving is a lot of work and it may take a while..so i will still wait...patiently.) ;)

      Delete
  5. I really like this feature! And I think I might have already said that in a previous post but oh well. I think its such a good idea! Anyway.. I definitely have Before I Fall on my mind. I have seen some awesome reviews of this book and it has been resurfacing a lot lately. Hopefully I'll get to it soon! I read Thirteen Reasons Why and really enjoyed that too! What do you recommend the most out of the other 4??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a hard choice. Every Day or The Pact. Depends what mood you are in. Although both are pretty deep. You should def read Before I Fall sometime when you get the chance. It's really good.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top