March 17, 2013

Top Bookish News of The Past Week

Here are all the interesting bookish stories, pictures, videos, and blog posts I found this past week. 
All of the titles are linked up to their respective articles/blog posts. Click away!

ARTICLES
Theo James Credit: J.B. Lacroix/Wireimage
  1. Divergent has found its Four! This news blew up all over Twitter on Friday night and I have been waiting very patiently (okay not really patiently but I have been waiting) and it is finally here! Drum roll please... Theo James is playing Tobias aka Four. Look at him. What do you think? I think he is a tad old but to me he exudes Four with his looks and demeanor. I can't wait for this movie! There were also a few more people casted this week for Divergent and you can see that list here
  2. Books Like Game of Thrones: George R.R. Recommended reading Don't get mad, but I have yet to read Game of Thrones. I have only watched the television show. My husband on the other hand is a huge fan of the books and is always complaining that it takes forever until the next one comes out. Lucky for him and other fans the Game of Thrones author gives us some reading suggestions!
  3. Google+ Users in Uproar About Google Reader Shutdown As I am sure you have heard, Google Reader is shutting down in July. Read what many have done once they received this news. Instead of freaking out, okay you can still freak out, check out this list over at Bookish Comforts blog to get some ideas on what else you can use. She does a brief overview of the each suggested program along with a list of pros and cons.

BLOG POSTS
  1. Movie Round Up: Most Disturbing Films This post is a little different and not about books but about movies! It started a really interesting discussion. Therefore if you are a movie buff as well as a book lover you should totally check this post out.
  2. Saturday at Starbucks Although I have yet to participate in this meme I hope to do so soon. It is brand new and very interesting. You write a post featuring your coffee or other drink of the day along with the discussion topic. 
  3. What does it Mean to Be A Book Blogger? A very insightful post on what Lexi thinks it means to be a blogger. I pretty much agree with everything she says here. Take a look and see what you think. 
  4. YA Trend Watch Red heads, road trips, competitions and more. Some of the trends Writer of Wrongs points out I have noticed, but some I haven't. If you are looking for a fun post to read then this one will be a sure bet.
VIDEO
  1. This week's Tea Time video with Epic Reads is below. In case you don't follow them you really should. They talk about fun bookish topics and do a lot of book giveaways! I was even mentioned this week at about 21:50! Woot!



Video streaming by Ustream
BOOK REVIEWS
  1. Going Vintage by: Lindsey Leavitt This contemporary novel sounds like a funny and delightful read. I wish I could go vintage, but then I wouldn't be blogging and we can't have that.
  2. Rape Girl by: Alina Klein A serious topic, rape, is discussed, and how it affects one girl in high school.
  3. Vain by: Fisher Amelie This book has romance with a very vain girl going through a huge transformation.
  4. Furious by: Jill Wolfson Love new takes on Greek mythology? This one is for you!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! This is a great weekly post! I love the idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your are welcome. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting my review. That is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for writing a great review and introducing me to a new book!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for posting my review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed my disturbing discussion! It's interesting how many of my top picks are book-to-film adaptations!

    So I definitely think I need to participate in the Starbuck's Saturdays meme considering I have a seriously intense addiction to the stuff! :P By the way, what are you going to use instead of Google Reader (assuming that you actually DO use Google Reader, that is)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that post. I had my husband read your post too and then we discussed. lol It was fun.

      I do use Google Reader and I honestly am not sure yet what I am going to use. I'm leaning towards netvibes or feedly. I need to do some further testing. What about you?

      Delete
  5. Thanks for featuring my post! :) It's really appreciated!

    AND FOUR. OH GOSH. He's quite attractive!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top