March 31, 2013

Top Bookish News of The Past Week

Here are all the top bookish stories, pictures, videos, and blog posts I found this past week. All of the titles are linked up to their respective articles/blog posts. Click away!

ARTICLES

1. Wanted: Writer to practice craft in Hemingway's house How cool would it be if you were an aspiring writer and you were offered to write in one of the best (of all time) writer's house? I'm a Hemingway fan and I found this very interesting.
2. Amazon Buys Goodreads Seriously?! Hmmm...I wonder what this will mean for us users!?

BLOG POSTS

1. Taken: Chapter 1 Reveal and Download  I have been patiently, okay not so patiently, waiting for Taken by: Erin Bowman to be released. Luckily, there was a week long reveal of the first eight chapters of this book! This post has the first chapter and the links to the other seven. Hopefully these will tide us over for a couple more weeks.
2. The Case of the No-DNFer In this post written over at Reading the Best of the Best, Kailia talks about her feelings on DNFing a review book. It is a very interesting topic that I could easily relate to, can you? I just started a review book that I am having a hard time enjoying. I don't know why but I'm just not a fan, but I can't seem to DNF it because I got it for review. I don't know what to do. Thoughts?
3. How did you do that? Blogger Tips and Tricks #8 Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer always has some good tips. This week she talks about follow options for your blog. I think it is worth taking a look at, especially with all the rumors going around that GFC is getting cancelled. I know Google reader is getting shut down but I still can't find an actual up to date article that says GFC is also going bye bye. If you know of any feel free to share!

PICTURE
TRUE STORY



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out and while I haven't been able to confirm any of the rumors about GFC, it's always good to have multiple follow methods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great post! I agree with you, it never hurts to have a lot of following options for your readers.

      Delete
  2. That picture is AWESOME! And my husband whole-heartedly agrees :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top