March 10, 2013

Top Bookish News of The Past Week

Here are all the interesting bookish stories, pictures, videos, and blog posts I found this past week. 
All of the titles are linked up to their respective articles/blog posts. Click away!

ARTICLES

1. Write a Novel this Spring with NaNoWriMo I have never participated in NaNoWriMo but apparently they are changing it up a little bit this year. They are going to have some challenges in April and July instead of just in November, National Novel Writing Month. Have you participated in the past and would you participate in one of these new events? I know I'm thinking about it. 
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Cake

2. 30 Gorgeous and Delicious Literary Cakes I have pictured one of my favorites to the right, but you should really check out the whole list. Some of these are really amazing. I want them all, especially the Harry Potter one! A thanks to Foil the Plot to introducing this article to me. Which cakes are your favorites?

3. Start Here: Read Your Way Into 25 Amazing Authors This is an ebook for only $2.99 that sounds fascinating  They give you a list of authors with essays on why you should read them, and tips advising you on what order you should read their books. Some of the authors featured are David Foster Wallace, Margaret Atwood, and Stephen King! To read a review of this book visit The Broke and The Bookish.


BLOG POSTS

1. Stories and Why They Are Important Check out this wonderful essay written by the blogger over at The Authoress. It is insightful, thought provoking, and very relateable. With the help of this essay she got accepted into the University of Kentuky! 

2. Discussion Post: Genres, Genres, Everywhere Read this interesting post about all the different genres out there and how hard it can be categorizing one book into a single genre. The post also discusses book covers and how they relate to certain genres and audiences. 

3. Friday Focus: Strong Female Fictional Characters Then and Now March is Women's History Month so why not celebrate with reading a book with a strong female lead? There are lots of great ideas in this post.

4. Six Ways You Can Ruin Your Blogging Career This is a slightly older post but I just stumbled upon it this week. ParaJunkee offers some good advice about blogging with a focus on plagiarism  greed, faking it, and more! 


PHOTO

GUILTY! ;)

BOOK REVIEWS

1. Fire by: Heather James  A short and to the point honest review of a book by an author I have never heard about before. I'm going to give it a shot. Read the review to see if the book sounds like something you would enjoy. Who wouldn't want to read about a girl who can control fire?

2. Crash and Burn by: Michael Hassan Midnight Book Girl does a great job at reviewing this book. Although it touches on some hard/dark topics I'm going to give it a try. 


What do you think of this weeks bookish news? 

8 comments:

  1. Wow -- thanks for sharing my post! :D I wasn't expecting such an enthusiastic reception for my essay. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

    -Amelia
    The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Congrats on getting accepted!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing my post :) I'm really happy you liked it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I really enjoyed reading that post and the discussion you did about the covers.

      Delete
  3. Man, I wish I had the talent to make some of those AH-MAZING cakes! Okay, so I've just read, like, all of those blog posts and every single one is totally newsworthy indeed! What a great roundup of links this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those cakes are to die for!

      I really enjoy putting this post together every week. I'm glad someone is reading it! :)

      Delete
  4. I love reading this weekly update!! And I love that ecard- was so me last night lol.

    Christyn @ The Book Cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, that ecard pretty much summed up my night last night and probably tonight was well. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top