March 24, 2013

Top Bookish News of The Past Week

Here are all the interesting bookish stories, pictures, videos, and blog posts I found this past week. All of the titles are linked up to their respective articles/blog posts. Click away!

ARTICLES
  1. Stephen and Tabitha King pledge $3 million to Bangor Public Library in Maine If I had the money I would help out some libraries as well. Too bad I don't. :( On the bright side, it is really awesome what they are doing and I applaud them.
  2. This is a new website that Buckling Bookshelves introduced me to... Recaptains: Saving Series One Book at a Time. A couple of weeks ago I wrote a blog post Previously On...TV Shows Get Recaps. Why Not Books? discussing my horrible memory when it comes to picking up where a series or trilogy left off. I can never remember what happened in the previous books and that frustrates me more than anything. This new website recaps those pesky books! Awesome right?
BLOG POSTS
  1. Re-reading: Yea or Nay? I am always re-reading books when I can, but as of late it seems like I never have the time. Do you like to re-read books? Either way you should check out this fun and interesting discussion post.
  2. Are you loyal to only one genre? Ever get burned out? I love reading a lot of different genres, but on occasion I have stuck to one for too long and I always seem to regret it. What about you? Head over to the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and join in on the discussion.
PHOTO
I don't know where my husband finds these photos but I love them!
One day I will have one of these...
VIDEO
A new Despicable Me 2 trailer is out! I know this isn't book related, but I have to share! Minion Love.


6 comments:

  1. That Recaptains blog is such a great idea, isn't it? I kinda wish I had come up with it... ;) And yay for the new Despicable Me 2 trailer! I loved the first movie and can't wait for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the new Despicable Me movie!!! I know the Recaptains blog is a genius idea! :) Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I totally want to have a secret bookcase tunnel reading lair!

      Delete
  3. I love to re-read, but like you, I don't have time to do it much anymore.

    That reading lair is AWESOME.

    And thanks for the shout-out! Glad to help -- that site really is perfect for those of us who don't have time to re-read. I'm sure their archive of titles with continue to grow, especially if other bloggers contribute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You rock for introducing me to that site. I wish I could re-read the previous books in the series before a new one comes out but I don't always have the time.

      One day I will have my own reading lair...I'm determined.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top